Whether your company is public or private, large or small, foreign or domestic, we pride ourselves on playing an active role in protecting and expanding your business. With many years of experience in corporate law, we draw on our institutional knowledge, resources, and the relationships we've built in California to counsel companies, entrepreneurs, investors, and lenders. We prepare transactions with careful diligence and close them with managed risk.
Employment Law Litigation:
In the realm of Employment Law, our expert services cover a diverse range of issues, ensuring comprehensive support in:
- Navigating FMLA Complexities: Assisting businesses and employees in understanding and complying with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- FLSA Compliance: Ensuring businesses adhere to the requirements of The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) to maintain fair labor practices.
- FEHA Compliance: Addressing issues related to the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) to prevent discrimination and harassment in the workplace.
- OSH Act Regulations: Addressing Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH) regulations for a safe and compliant work environment.
Our proficient legal team is well-versed in handling various employment-related disputes, offering strategic solutions in:
- Workplace Discrimination Cases: Resolving disputes related to discriminatory practices within the workplace.
- Wrongful or Retaliatory Termination: Advocating for employees facing wrongful or retaliatory termination.
- Overtime, Hourly Wages, and Bonuses: Managing disputes over compensation-related matters.
- Conflicts Regarding Unpaid Wages: Addressing issues surrounding unpaid wages in an equitable manner.
- Executive Compensation Packages: Providing guidance on executive compensation structures to align with organizational goals.
- Severance Agreements and Non-Compete Clauses: Skillfully drafting and reviewing severance agreements and non-compete clauses for legal compliance and clarity.
Some of the services we offer our corporate clients include:
- Corporate structure: form domestic corporations, limited liability companies, general and limited partnerships, and all types of joint ventures, and evaluate important facts such as corporate strategy and liability.
- Corporate agreements: negotiate and prepare sales and distribution agreements, government bids, proposals and procurement, asset and stock purchase agreements, mergers, and other combinations and reorganizations.
- Corporate governance: design and implement the principles and practices that govern a company, including shareholder relations, benefit plans, compensation matters, and more.
- Internal agreements: draft shareholder, management, employment, consulting, stock option, benefit plan and other internal agreements.
- Compliance: ensure companies comply with securities regulations, including registration, disclosure and insider trading regulations, SEC reporting, and other requirements.
- Taxation: offer domestic and international tax advice on formations, transactions, corporate succession and other planning.
- Finance: draft, review, and negotiate all forms of loans, corporate, and business financing transactions.
Upon satisfying your business formation requirements, attention naturally turns to the operational aspects of your enterprise. Our team is dedicated to aiding you in meeting these operational needs. Whether you require assistance with contract drafting, review, or negotiation, ensuring legal compliance in employee hiring and retention, or safeguarding your intellectual property, we possess the expertise and proficiency to support you in ongoing business operations and mitigate any potential legal complexities. Rest assured, you can rely on us to navigate these matters safely and effectively.
Business Law Litigation
Our business litigation attorneys bring best-of-class plaintiff and defense strategies to the table. We have the breadth and depth of long-term experience that enables us to unearth the patterns that drive or impede business success. Our keen ability to provide multi-dimensional, up-front analysis has been honed alongside our courtroom dexterity, enabling our clients to benefit from access to a deep understanding and wide range of choices at every stage of business litigation. We represent individuals, businesses, investors, and consumers in all areas of business law disputes, some of which include:
- Breach of contract
- Shareholder oppression
- Automotive industry issues
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Commercial debt collection
- Product liability
- Tortious interference with contracts or business relationships
- Partnership disputes
Real Estate Services
We represent landlords, tenants, lenders and other stakeholders in all types of commercial leasing transactions. Our advice extends to all matters relating to commercial leasing and our attorneys have experience negotiating office, industrial/manufacturing, retail, mixed-use and all other types of commercial leases in every asset class. We regularly handle ground leases, master leases and subleases, build-to-suit leases, and sale-leaseback transactions.
Victorium Legal advises both purchasers and sellers on a regular basis in complex real property transactions. Our attorneys have represented purchasers and sellers of property used for:
- Residential tracts
- Apartments and condominiums
- Office buildings
- Mixed use projects
- Raw land for development
Our attorneys negotiate and document real property acquisitions and dispositions, as well as assist clients in conducting due diligence investigations in connection with these transactions. This work also includes investigations and reviews regarding title, land use, zoning and other entitlement issues, leasing and other contractual obligations and the environmental and physical condition of real property and improvements.
Dispositions of residential property in the nature of sales to the public may be regulated by various governmental agencies. We have substantial experience in complying with these regulations and preparing the necessary sales documentation, which includes contracts and escrow instructions for the purchase of homes by consumers and related warranties and seller financing documentation, homeowner deeds and easements, homeowner association deeds and easements, agreements between developers and homeowner associations (including assessment subsidy and maintenance agreements), consumer disclosure documents and bond and other escrow instructions required by the DRE.